take a minute to deeply breathe in & out
pray and ask God to be a part of your day
take 10 minutes to write down all the things you’re grateful for
*note: this time felt short! i would spend ~15 minutes next time
take 45 minutes to answer any or all of the questions below:
- what are you proud of?
- what do you wish you did better on?
- what did you release? what still feels incomplete?
- what were your top 5 most significant events this year?
- what were some fun things you did this year?
- what brought you joy?
- how am i different this year than last?
- if you had to pick one word to describe 2013, what would it be?
- how did your body change this year?
- what did you learn about your body?
- what was the hardest thing to let go of?
- when did you feel most connected to God?
- what lessons did you learn?
- are there people you wish you invested more time in? why?
- i felt most alive when…
- i felt most sucked-out-of-life when…
take 10 minutes to list all the things you’d like to let go of.
say “thank you” to each thing on your list & then say “bon voyage” to each item.
take a few minutes to breathe in & out. sit up straight, close your eyes, and focus on each breath. this is a time to transition
take 15-20 minutes to reflect on the upcoming year:
- name your intentions for the next year
- what do you desire for this upcoming year? (anything goes! be specific!) (emotionally, mentally, physically, sexually, relationally, spiritually, in your relationship(s)….)
- what word comes to mind when you think of 2014?
take 20 minutes to write yourself a letter that you’ll open december 31st, 2014.
tell yourself what you hope for.
*note: it would've been interesting to instead, write a letter to the other person.
look at each other, and hold a gaze for one minute. express all the gratitude and love you possibly can, and express it through your eyes. no words. then end with an embrace.
*note: i set a timer for the minute, and this felt entirely too short! i would recommend 3 minutes.