Saturday, January 26, 2008

the alley crossing

I've seen Pete several times before, as I make my usual alleyway crossing; but I have never stopped to say hello. I think it's because I've felt uncomfortable walking behind the grocery outlet; there are always men out there, and as a woman, I never know what they're thinking. "Am I being objectified? Do they not give a care in the world? Do they just want me to get out of the way? What if I said "hello" or smiled, would I send the wrong message?"

In any case, Pete (being one of those really threatening-looking types) was alone Tuesday morning, taking a smoke break. He looked so sweet sitting on a milk carton in his beanie/cap combo in the brisk cold of a winter morning; he was irresistable. So I approached him and asked if I could take his picture. He agreed and I shot this one of him; name tag and all.

"Hi Pete!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...