Sunday, October 12, 2014

one year, today

one year ago, we made vows, exchanged rings, and told each other:
i, liz, take you, samuel, to be my husband. I promise to be true to you in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health. I will love you and honor you all the days of my life.
then we got to celebrate with our family and friends!

but only three months prior, we got engaged at our favorite park! omg, we look REALLY young, don't we?
i had no idea what kind of journey we would embark on that day. NO idea. but i was content knowing the journey would be with you.

in our lifetime, we get to make millions of decisions that'll effect the course of our lives. the decision to let you borrow my copy of love does...the decision to go to paxti's and rei that one day...the decision to say, "maybe" (and not "no") when you asked to see me again and i was feeling super hesitant...the decision to admit to myself how my affections for you were growing...the decision to say "yes" to another date, and another, and another...the decision to be myself with you always...the decision to say that i loved you. all of those little decisions culminated in a fabulous day of celebration and commitment. i don't regret a single one of those decisions. people have said that you can choose a deeper and more profound love, if you want to. they have said you can be more in love with your life partner than when you first got married. they were right.365 days later from our "i do's," i feel more connection and love towards you than i could've imagined. all of our tiny little decisions to hold each other, share our dreams and ideas, bring up conflict and resolve it, engage, share a whole lotta meals, live out our values, experience life together...all of those have caused me to be more in love with you today than i thought i did on our wedding day. i so enjoy your company samuel! i love and appreciate how you challenge what i think, how you love me unconditionally, how you cause me to grow and learn, and how you've helped instill deeper compassion and humility, how you help me to be me, and how you infuse my life with deep joy. being married to you is a gift! thank you for being committed to know me deeply, and to love me the same.yours forever.
xoxo 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...