Sunday, September 13, 2009

surprisingly refreshing.


amid the stress i've been feeling recently, i've been surprised by the refreshing encounters i've had with people. let me clarify - i mean, random strangers.

my mind has been going from one thing to the next and my body is majorly sleep & exercise deprived. but these people have been nourishing to my heart. each of them have reminded me of what gives me life.

let's take A from champagne, illinois
+hilarious & fun
+spirited
+thoughtful & a good listener
+reminded me: that you gotta go deep, to keep it light. i need to take time to be still, reflect, ask, & laugh!

then there was M&D from orlando, florida
+celebrating 25 years of marriage this week
+clearly still deeply in love
+warm, genuine, kind, soft-hearted
+determined
+reminded me: that love comes in unexpected ways, and that traveling shouldn't be put on hold

and then there was N&S from san francisco, california
+thoughtful, kind, & generous
+playful, creative
+full of love for each other
+courageous
+reminded me: to make courageous decisions, regardless of what others might think

1 comment:

  1. I love that you practice hospitality within your own soul. That you have eyes and ears to see and hear people and welcome them into your life for whatever time they pass through.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...