Tuesday, March 10, 2009

so you know how i said

that i wanted to have a photography show in 2009? (or, is that a dialogue that i had in my head?)

well, guess what!!?!

i'm going to have a photography exhibit/show/whatever-you-want-to-call-it starting april 1, 2009 at Los Altos Library for the entire month!

thanks to my friend matt who asked me if i wanted to share the space with him, i get to cross out one of my 2009 goals. (which...by the way is still taking shape and still needs to be posted).

the thing is...it's in less than a month, and i have never done anything like this before! so my learning curve is at a very steep incline (kind of like the hills i'll have to run at the big sur marathon, which is at the end of april!)

a few things are going through my head:
  • it's amazing how when we we're clear about our desires, it's easier to achieve them.
  • theme...getting close to nailing something down.
  • which images?!
  • where am i going to get the right matte/frames?
  • need to get a website ready (b/c it looks like this right now).
  • get biz cards printed
  • HAVE FUN and LEARN!
i'll keep you posted!

8 comments:

  1. whoa whoa whoa!!!
    sweet cheese, i am so happy and excited for you!

    ok, so 2009 has been good to both of us so far...just sayin. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yipee!!! So very exciting Liz! Your first gallery show. Would love to be of help/encouragement along the way and I can't wait to see what you choose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am really excited for you! enjoy the process!

    btw, i use squarespace.com for my website and i really like their graphics and interface...

    ReplyDelete
  4. :-D Thanks for sharing in the excitement with me! It's kind of wild!! (and honestly...stressful).

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my gosh!! no wonder we haven't heard from you in so long!! congratulations my friend, this sounds fantastic :)
    My mother in law used to work on a framing place (she is an artist and wanted to save money, so she learned how to do it herself) do you want me to ask her for tips to see if you can frame your work on your own?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so excited and thrilled for you.

    GO LIZ GO LIZ!!!!!

    You have so many great images, it's going to be tough to narrow down to a few faves.

    I'm so happy for you! =) * hugs *

    ReplyDelete
  7. so happy for you! wow! He's doing amazing things! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...