Sunday, April 12, 2009

welcome home

i moved to my new home 17 days ago. only 17 days. &yet, it feels like i've been here all my life. that sounds dramatic, i know. but it's true. it's this strange, yet familiar feeling that i have come home.

it hasn't just been because i had known east palo alto would be my home from years ago...it's also because of the ways that the fosth family have embraced me as one of their own. they welcomed a stranger into their home and have invited me to eat and be with. to see all of who they are. they have opened their hearts to me and that, my friends, is beautiful beyond words.

the home they've created here settles my spirit. rejuvenates my heart. nourishes my mind. enables my body.


&who wouldn't love getting the response i get EVERY SINGLE TIME i go inside the main house..."liiiiiiiiiz!!!" by the sweet georgia mae and ian?


i'm blessed beyond what i could've even thought or imagined for my life.

1 comment:

  1. Of course I love this photo but not simply because it has my daughter in it (and me too behind all the hair!) I like that you can't seen my face because everything in the photo points to Georgia - including my hair. And her joy is the heart of it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...