Sunday, February 24, 2008

giant

Being only 2 1/2 feet tall and 2 years old probably presents its own set of difficulties and perspectives. Try having to identify people mainly by their nostrils.













One time at the Tofu House, a young girl was surrounded by a lot of Asian adults at the restaurant entrance. Discombobulated, she suddenly grabbed my hand and started walking with me toward my table. I was a little surprised by this warm little trusting hand in mine; and I will never forget her reaction and expression when she looked up (and I'm not even that tall) and realized that I was NOT her mom. She threw my hand out of hers as if I had poo on it and glared at me with a harsh mix of betrayal and sheer fright. I mean, I just thought I made a new little friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...