Wednesday, January 9, 2008

ritual

I am the Grocery Shopper for my house. Without fail, every week I make my rounds at either Milk Pail in Mountain View or Ayer Produce Market in Redwood City/Fair Oaks for produce and Trader Joe's for everything else. I love going to Milk Pail because of their wide variety of fresh produce displayed in a European outdoor market style (so they claim). Of course I have to believe that it's European style because it makes me feel better that I'm there...again...doing the same thing I do every week for the past year and a half. No, no resentment here.

No really, I do love having to push my mini cart through mini aisles with too 'mini' people fighting to buy the last of the mini persimmons for the season. I lie; I've never had to fight anyone for mini persimmons because Milk Pail doesn't even carry that species.










Honestly though, if you know me, you know that I love going to the grocery store, especially picking out produce. Take me to a grocery store like Berkeley Bowl and you'll make my tastebuds happy and I will probably show you much affection as I inhale large quantities of fruit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...