Friday, December 7, 2007

scrambled fresh

I finished the last of an egg scramble I made yesterday morning for breakfast. Garlic, onions, blue cheese, fresh bell peppers and tomatoes from the garden. I harvested most of the peppers since they weren't getting any larger. They are in shade most of the day except between sunrise and about 8am, which isn't enough sunshine to make them grow. They look large in the picture below, but it's only an illusion since those tomatoes are only about an 1" in diameter.

On a side note, I love having a slice of toast (whole grain wheat or cracked wheat sourdough) with a generous portion of butter every morning as I run out the door. Then about halfway until I hit the freeway, I pull out the first persimmon of the day. I've been consuming about 3-5 a day; I am passionate about persimmons. Rar. At 69 cents per pound, I've been rollin in the money...actually, the persimmons.

I'm off to Pt. Reyes, and am running late because I wanted to update my blog before I took off for the weekend, but I'll have some great pictures to post when I get back on Saturday. (I hope!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...